Most patients become immediately accustomed to their delicate and light-weight Valplast® restoration. However, you may experience a brief adjustment period, especially if you have never worn a dental appliance before. Should you experience any persistent irritation, please consult your dentist so that he or she can make necessary adjustments to your appliance.
Valplast restorations, like your own teeth, require care and good oral hygiene. To keep your Valplast restoration looking and feeling like new, please follow these simple directions:
- Clean your Valplast appliance regularly. The Val-Clean Concentrated Denture Cleaner will safely, quickly, and effectively maintain the cleanliness of Valplast partials as well as other removable dental appliances.
- Soak your Valplast appliance in Val-Clean for 10-15 minutes a day, or overnight at least three times a week. This is very important as using Val-Clean maintains the warranty of the denture. After the one month free supply is used please order the 12 month supply box from www.ordervalplast.com.au.
- Loose particles can be removed with the use of a sonic denture cleaner, or by placing the appliance under running water. Brushing a Valplast appliance is not recommended as this may remove the polish and roughen the surface over time.
- If possible, rinse your Valplast dental appliance after eating to remove any food particles. Keep the partial in water or in denture cleaner whenever it is not being worn to keep the surface hydrated.
- Remember to brush your natural teeth and gums regularly as directed by your dentist.