Most patients become immediately accustomed to their delicate and light-weight Valplast Flexible Denture. However, you may experience a brief adjustment period, especially if you have never worn a dental appliance before. Should you experience any persistent irritation, please consult our Dental Prosthetist so that he can make any necessary adjustments.
Valplast restorations, like your own teeth, require care and good oral hygiene. To keep your Valplast restoration looking and feeling like new, please follow these simple directions:
- Clean your Valplast Flexible Denture regularly. The Val-Clean Concentrated Denture Cleaner will safely, quickly, and effectively maintain the cleanliness of Valplast partials as well as other removable dental appliances.
- Soak your Valplast Flexible Denture in Val-Clean for 10-15 minutes a day, or overnight at least three times a week. This is very important as using Val-Clean maintains the warranty of the denture. After the one-month free supply is used please order the 12-month supply box from either Total Denture Care or online at ordervalplast.com.au
- Loose particles can be removed with the use of a sonic denture cleaner, or by placing the Valplast Flexible Denture under running water. Brushing a Valplast dental appliance is not recommended as this may remove the polish and roughen the surface over time.
- If possible, rinse your Valplast Flexible Denture after eating to remove any food particles. Keep the partial in water or in denture cleaner whenever it is not being worn to keep the surface hydrated.
- Remember to brush your natural teeth and gums regularly as directed by our Dental Prosthetist.
Additional Tips for the Care of your Valplast Flexible Denture
- Cleanse the Valplast Flexible Denture daily and keep it in water or your cleaner whenever it is not being worn. Store brands of denture cleaner are not recommended for cleaning a Valplast dental appliance, as they are not effective and may contain ingredients that can damage the Valplast or its colour.
- Toothpaste and toothbrushes may scratch or dull the surface of your Valplast dental appliance. Be sure to remove your Valplast restoration whenever you brush your natural teeth.
- Please keep the appliance out of reach from pets. Dogs and other pets find dental appliances to be attractive chew toys.
- Valplast Flexible Dentures are very durable and are designed to give long term performance under normal usage. Please note that the Valplast base material will resist fracture or breakage better than the synthetic teeth that are embedded in it. Small accidents such as dropping the appliance in the sink or on the floor will not damage the Valplast, but may cause the teeth to fracture. Please handle the dental appliance with care.
- Contact your Dental Prosthetist if you experience any discomfort from your dental restoration or if you ever have any abnormality with your natural teeth or gums.
At Total Denture Care, we offer a complete denture care service as we believe it is important to offer all our patients the right advice and treatment to most effectively look after your dentures over its lifetime. Maintaining healthy dentures are important to your overall wellbeing so here some on our top tips to share. We are also just a phone call away to offer you any advice or questions you have on how to best look after your dentures.
Download as a PDF