Partial Dentures at Total Denture Care Perth
Steven Anthony from the Total Denture Care team is highly experienced in partial dentures.
Partial Dentures require extra attention to detail in order to ensure a natural result. Matching your current tooth shape, colour and size as well as your facial features is very important when fitting partial dentures and our team at our Perth Denture Clinic are extremely diligent in this area.
If you have missing teeth that you need to replace then you are in the right place. We offer affordable options and use high advancements in dental technology.
We will provide you with the greatest results possible.
Total Denture Care also offer a very affordable emergency partial denture repair service with a one hour denture repair turnaround for cracked, broken and missing teeth. Call our team now to secure your appointment.
Valplast Flexible Partial Dentures
A Valplast Denture is a flexible denture which is commonly used as a removable partial denture (RPD) to replace missing teeth and provides a more comfortable, aesthetic and successful alternative to traditional RPD’s. These dentures are virtually invisible and can provide a temporary or permanent solution for missing teeth.
Chrome/ Metal Partial Dentures
Removable partial chrome/ metal dentures are another type of partial denture which are used to replace missing teeth in the upper or lower jaw. Replacing the missing teeth with a chrome denture helps improve mastication (chewing) ability and will also prevent the remaining adjacent and opposing teeth from drifting. Chrome/ Metal Partial Dentures are composed of a metal framework (cobalt chromium) with acrylic teeth and gum areas attached. The Cobalt and Chrome combination is used to prevent corrosion and makes it super strong. This strength allows the design to be very thin which makes them superior to bulkier acrylic dentures. Clasps also known as retainers are incorporated into the framework which further adds to the stability and retention of the denture. Because the clasps are cast as part of the framework, they are also strong and are less prone to breaking or bending like the stainless-steel clasps embedded into an acrylic denture.
Hybrid Partial Chrome Denture
For the most optimal chrome denture, Total Denture Care has created a hybrid Valplast/ Chrome Partial Denture option which combines the unapparelled properties of the Valplast technology with the superior elements offered by the chrome framework. This provides a highly hygienic, durable and aesthetic denture option.
Acrylic Partial Dentures
Acrylic Partial Dentures also known as plastic dentures, false teeth or RPD’s are another type of partial denture which can be an effective option to temporarily replace a single tooth or groups of missing teeth in the upper or lower jaw. Replacing the missing teeth with an Acrylic Partial Denture helps improve mastication (chewing) ability and will also prevent the remaining adjacent and opposing teeth from drifting. Acrylic Partial Dentures are composed of gum coloured acrylic/resin which is used to replace missing gum tissue (caused from bone loss) and is also the major connection for where the acrylic teeth and clasps/retainers are embedded. Acrylic Partial Dentures are also great for a transitional replacement when waiting for more permanent fixed solution to be completed such as implants or a fixed bridge. They are the most cost-effective treatment for replacing missing teeth.
The Difference between Chrome and Acrylic Partial Dentures
- Chrome metal dentures are a longer lasting denture option
- Chrome metal dentures are a stronger denture option which is ideal for patients with a stronger bite
- Chrome metal dentures are a thinner partial denture option
- Chrome metal dentures provide a closer more accurate fitting denture
- Better chewing and taste experience with chrome metal dentures
- In some cases, the chrome metal denture can reduce the amount of denture surface resting on teeth, due to smaller design which will reduce the amount of plaque build up caused by dentures
- Chrome metal dentures transfer hot and cold which makes it feel more natural
- Acrylic dentures are easier to add new teeth to should an addition or repair be required; teeth can be added to chrome metal dentures but generally are more costly and takes longer. Occasionally a remake might be needed with chrome if the design does not allow for tooth addition.
- Chrome metal dentures are a more hygienic denture option as there is less acrylic
- Acrylic dentures are a more affordable denture option
- Acrylic dentures can be fabricated within a quicker turnaround time
- Acrylic dentures are easier to repair
- Some patients may not be suitable for chrome dentures such as if their remaining dentition has poor prognosis
- Chrome metal dentures are tooth borne (tooth-supported) which may help apply less pressure on the underlying bone & ridges that may reduce the bone resorption. Acrylic dentures are tissue borne (tissue supported) which apply pressure on the underlying bone & ridges which may cause further bone resorption.